Gloucester County to offer meetings on county budget
Gloucester County announced it is holding 2013-14 county budget information meetings.
According to a county press release, "The proposed 2013-14 Gloucester County budget and capital improvement plan is now available for review on Gloucester County’s website at www.gloucesterva.info (County News). All budget documents, the PowerPoint presentation and links to the video presentation by the county administrator may be accessed on the website. Hard copies of the county budget proposal are available for review at both public library branches.
"In order to provide Gloucester citizens opportunities to be informed and involved in the FY14 budget process, the following public meetings, public hearing for citizen comments and work sessions have been announced:
- Thursday, March 21, board of supervisors budget work session, 7 p.m. in the Colonial Courthouse
- Monday, March 25, public hearing and citizen comments on proposed budget, 7 p.m. in the Gloucester High School Auditorium, broadcast on cable Channel 48 and streamed at www.gloucesterva.info
- Thursday, March 28, joint meeting of the board of supervisors and school board budget work session, 7 p.m. at Gloucester High School
- Wednesday, April 3, board of supervisors budget work session, (tentative) 7 p.m. in the Colonial Courthouse
- Thursday, April 11, board of supervisors budget work session, (tentative) 7 p.m. in the Colonial Courthouse
- Tuesday, April 16, adoption of county’s FY13 budget, 7 p.m. in the Colonial Courthouse, broadcast on cable Channel 48 and streamed at www.gloucesterva.info"
For more information, call 757-693-5730.